African Literature Reviews. I take so much pleasure in reading books! Specifically, those written by African Writers. In 2009, my love for books led me to Shelfari. Whereupon, I started searching for African Literature blog. Nonetheless it was of no avail. Thereby, I decided to create Mary Okeke Reviews. Interestingly, following that, I stumbled upon many fascinating blogs promoting books by African writers with so much zeal.
Herein, you can still find some reviews that do not belong to the African Literature. All in all, I hope you enjoy your time here. Please, do not hesitate to leave your comments.
5 Stars ***** = I Loved It
4 Stars **** = I Really Liked It
3 Stars *** = I Liked It
2 Stars ** = I Didn't Like It
1 Star * = ?
I have been requested to read and review a good number of novels on my blog, and quite a few I have turned down. For this reason, I thought it would be wise to write a review policy. I love to read novels, however, I do not read all novels. Reviews on my blog are mainly on African Literature, meaning that I am likely to reject any request that does not belong.
- All books sent to me are considered for review.
- I read first pages, if it kindles my interest, I'll go ahead and devour it. If not, I will not.
- I write this blog out of passion. I owe myself and my readers the truth. Therefore, I write my most sincere opinion.
- If you want your novel to be read and reviewed on a particular date, please contact me 6-8 weeks before the particular date.
- I accept books in the following format odf, epub, html, doc, txt, rtf, fb2, prc, jpg, gif, png, bmp, mp3, words and pdf. I also accept hard copies. :-)
- I do not read fantasy, self-help, religious, science fiction books, even though they belong to the African literature.
- Sadly enough, I do not read and review poetry books. I'd rather read poetry in small doses.
- I reserve the right to accept or reject a request.
- Links to my reviews are posted on Good Reads, Shelfari, Google +, Twitter, Facebook,
- Please click here to contact me